The support services below are designed to guide families through a healthy grieving process while helping to facilitate the emotional healing that is needed after the loss of a loved one.
- The Archdiocese of Boston Pastoral Center offers many faith-based resources for those in need which includes bereavement support services. Please visit this page or call 617-746-5843 for more information.
- The Emmaus Ministry for Grieving Parents offer full-day, spiritual retreats for grieving parents who have lost a child of any age, by any cause, no matter how long ago. To view program scheduling, please visit this page or contact the Emmaus Ministry at 617-542-8057.
- Catholic Charities offer support services for life issues which include counseling services for depression and life adjustments. For more information, please visit their website or call 617-464-8500.
- Several parishes within the Archdiocese of Boston provide bereavement workshops and support groups by region/parish. Please note that these support groups are constantly evolving, and a bereaved person could also ask their pastor for the nearest support group.
Free & Confidential 24/7 Suicide And Crisis Prevention Information
- Crisis Text Line
Text HOME  to 741741
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Website (with Chat function) suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Samaritans of Boston 24/7 Helpline
Office phone 617-536-2460